Do Work You Love. Details

Program Costs & Payment Options

Payment Options

1. Payment in Full Tuition, fees and expenses related to books, supplies and equipment may be paid in their entirety by the end of the first week of classes, and no interest will be charged by the school. Other costs of attendance, including textbooks and administrative fees, are due as soon as they are incurred, and you may pay these costs directly to any member of the administrative staff. Any amounts that are not paid will be billed to you, and an invoice will be mailed to you on the 1st of the month. The invoiced amount is due no later than the 15th of the month to avoid late charges.

2. Federal Financial Aid Health Works Institute is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to administer Title IV federal financial aid programs, including Pell Grants, Direct Loans and the Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). If you are interested in applying for federal financial aid, please request a FAFSA worksheet. The amount of financial aid available to students varies according to which program the student chooses to take. Because the massage therapy program is significantly longer than the esthetics program, the maximum amount of aid for massage therapy program students is more than the maximum amount for esthetics program students. For more information click here.

3. Military Veterans’ Educational Assistance The Institute’s massage therapy and esthetics programs are approved for the training of veterans and other persons eligible for veterans’ benefits, and the Institute is approved for the MyCAA program for spouses of active duty military personnel. Applicants who believe they may be eligible for these benefits are encouraged to visit this website: If the information you read on the site indicates that you are eligible, you must follow the instructions on the site to apply for benefits.

4. Vocational Rehabilitation Training Assistance. Applicants who may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation assistance may contact the Vocational Rehabilitation office in their state. Health Works Institute will provide the office with any required information and documentation.

5. Programs Administered by Job Service Offices Many states, including Montana, administer various tuition assistance programs for displaced workers and people whose situations give them eligibility for a particular program. For example, the state of Montana administers the Workforce Investment Act program through local Job Service offices, and Health Works Institute is an approved provider of training under the WIA. Applicants who may qualify for this program, and/or other similar programs, are encouraged to contact their local Job Service office. Health Works Institute will provide the office with any required information and documentation.

6. Tribal Education Assistance Programs Many Native American Tribes provide grants or scholarships to qualified applicants. Native Americans are encouraged to contact their Tribal Council for details.

7. Payment Plans Administered by Health Works Institute The school offers payment plans that allow you to spread your payments over the time during which you are enrolled in the program. The plans vary according to the student’s ability to pay and typically require a deposit followed by monthly payments. Interest is charged, and students are informed of the current rate upon request and when they meet with the school’s Financial Manager to negotiate the payment plan. For students on a Health Works payment plan, costs not included in the plan are billed when they are incurred. Invoices for monthly tuition payments and charges for costs beyond tuition are mailed on the first of each month and must be paid in full by the 15th of the month to avoid late charges. In accordance with federal truth in lending laws, payment plan documents provide specific details regarding the total cost of interest, consequences of non-payment, etc.

8. Community Organizations Many service organizations, such as Business and Professional Women, Rotary, PEO, churches, and other community-based groups offer scholarship programs. Applicants are encouraged to contact groups with whom they have a personal or professional affiliation to find out about scholarship programs for which they may qualify.

9. Scholarships Health Works Institute does not offer any scholarships. Massage magazine, the Massage Therapy Foundation, and the American Association of Cosmetology Schools administer scholarship programs that offer funding to students currently enrolled in massage therapy or esthetics programs. Health Works Institute provides help and documentation for students when they apply for such scholarships.

Esthetics Program Cost

Tuition $10,800
   Application $25
   Academic Assessment $75
   Orientation $75
   Student Liability Insurance $25
   Graduation $60
   Total Fees $260
Additional Program Costs:
   Printed materials $75
   Student Clinic products and supplies $635
   Classroom products, supplies and tools $920
   Linen service $600
   Books $430
   Total Additional Program Costs  $2,660
Total Program Costs (Tuition, Fees, Additional Costs, Books) $13,720
Other Costs to Include in Your Budget as Necessary or Preferred:
   CPR and First Aid Certification $85
   Study Aids $50
   ASCP Student Membership $59
Costs Upon Graduation:
   License Application Fee $80
   Written Exam Fee $59
   Hands-on (Practical) Exam Fee $109
   Professional liability insurance $259

Financial Aid Information

Health Works Institute is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to administer Title IV federal financial aid programs, including Pell Grants, Direct Loans and the Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS).

The amount of financial aid available to students varies according to which program the student chooses to take. The Massage Therapy Program is longer than the Esthetics Program. Therefore, the maximum amount of aid for Massage Therapy Program students is more than the maximum amount for Esthetics Program students. For more information, download the guidelines to Federal Financial Aid.

Our Financial Aid Administrator, Alexa, will answer all of your questions about fulfilling your financial obligations to the school.  She also guides applicants through the financial aid application process.

Here is Alexa’s contact information:, 406-582-1555, extension 13, FAX  406-522-0493


Dependent and Independent: Students who are 24 years of age or older are considered Independent for purposes of determining how much federal student aid they may receive. Students who are 23 years old or younger may be considered Independent or Dependent, based on a number of guidelines. None of the guidelines have to do with whether or not the student is claimed as a dependent on a parent’s tax return. The guidelines include other factors, such as whether or not the student is married or has any children. Many students under the age of 24 are considered to be Dependent, even if they have been living away from home and even if their parents do not claim them on their tax returns.

Disbursement: Transfer of grant or loan funds from the federal government to the school. Exact disbursement dates cannot be predicted; students are provided with approximate dates. If the student or the parent has not complete all required steps in the process for obtaining aid, the disbursement date will be delayed.

Eligibility: Students must meet several requirements in order to qualify for aid. Eligibility depends upon factors including: not being in default on any prior federal loans; being enrolled in enough courses to meet the definition of at least part-time enrollment; not having had a felony conviction associated with illegal drugs; etc.

FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid – you must complete the FASFA in order to determine whether or not you are eligible for aid and how much aid you may receive.

Tax Year: When a student completes the FAFSA, part of the required financial information comes directly from specific lines on the student’s and/or the parent’s tax return for a particular calendar year (January to December).

Year: The federal government’s financial year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30, and the financial aid “Award Year” is based on these start and end dates.


Pell Grant Program
The Federal Pell Grant program provides funding toward tuition, fees and other costs for students whose income is below levels set by the U.S. Congress. Pell Grants do not have to be repaid. If eligibility is established, the amount of the grant will depend on income reported in the prior tax year, dependent or independent status, cost of attendance and other factors. 2015-2016 grants range between $626 and $5,775. The Financial Aid Administrator can provide an estimate of grant awards based upon the information submitted on the FAFSA.  

Direct Loans
Federal Direct Loans are low-interest loans made to students who qualify based upon financial need as indicated on the FAFSA. Direct Loans, unlike grants, are borrowed money that must be repaid, with interest.   The Subsidized Direct Loan offers in-school interest subsidies by the federal government; this means that the government pays the interest while the student is in school. The Unsubsidized Direct loan does not offer interest subsidies. The interest on the Unsubsidized loan begins accruing at the time of first disbursement. It is possible for students to have both Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct loans.   Loan Limits: Independent students (and dependent students whose parents are unable to obtain a PLUS loan) – $3,500 in Subsidized, and up to $6,000 in Unsubsidized loans. Dependent students – $3,500 in Subsidized, and up to $2,000 in Unsubsidized loans.   Upon graduation, the government discontinues paying interest on the Subsidized loan. Repayment of Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans begins six months after graduation.   All students who wish to receive loans are required to participate in Entrance and Exit Counseling to ensure a full understanding of their rights and responsibilities. Students will be notified of when these sessions are scheduled. Please note: Students who wish to receive loans may be required to participate in additional Financial Literacy workshops and activities.  

Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Federal Direct PLUS are for parents who want to borrow to help pay for a child’s education. The major factor determining parents’ eligibility for the PLUS is their credit rating and credit history. Unlike other financial aid programs, a family financial analysis is not required to be eligible for a Direct PLUS. The PLUS must be repaid. Repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed. This means that repayment begins while the student is still enrolled in school. To apply for Federal Financial aid, prospective students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be accessed at

One step in the completion of the FAFSA is to create an ID and a password. When you have completed the form, you will need to use your ID and password to log in to a specific area where you will be able to electronically sign the FAFSA. The ID will be referred to as your “FSA ID.” FSA just means Federal Student Aid. For those of you who have completed a FAFSA before, the ID has replaced the PIN. Write down your ID and Password as you will need these again later. Click here for information about the FSA ID and instructions about how to create your FSA ID.

Be sure to thoroughly read our “Federal Financial Aid at Health Works Institute” brochure which will give you guidelines on how to complete the FAFSA specifically for Health Works Institute. The guidelines include our school code, which is 037783. If you do not use all of our specific guidelines, you might answer some of the questions on the FAFSA incorrectly, which will delay the processing of your FAFSA.

Additional Information
Prospective students are encouraged to review the information provided by Health Works by using the following links:

Also, the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) collects and publishes information about colleges and schools at its College Navigator site. Learn more about Health Works Institute at College Navigator.

Health Works Institute
Share This